Sunday 22 June 2008

Paltrow Predicted Lonely Life After Oscar Win

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow was convinced she would never marry after winning an Oscar in 1999 - because the frenzy surrounding the prestigious ceremony and the events after it fulfilled her wildest fantasies. The 35-year-old actress married Coldplay rocker Chris Martin in December 2003 - and although the pair share two children, Apple, four, and Moses, two - Paltrow admitted she had doubts she would ever walk down the aisle after her big win for her Shakespeare in Love role. In a 2001 interview, she revealed, "I may never marry. The reason is I already have an Oscar. Women want to get married because of the whole wedding fantasy. It's their big day at the Oscars. It's hair, make-up, big dress, big fuss. I don't need that anymore. I had it with Shakespeare In Love. "Besides, I don't like being told what to do or anyone extra hemming me in. So I doubt I'll ever get married."


See Also